Today in history, the infamous Face on Mars photo was taken by the Viking I. Pareidolia is a hell of a thing! Also, Mozart finished his Symphony No. 40 in G Minor (you should recognize it) and Dylan went electric. Finally, today is the birthday of Rosalind Franklin, one of my science heroes.
- Global Warming’s Terrifying New Math – “Three simple numbers that add up to global catastrophe – and that make clear who the real enemy is”
- The Most Spectacular Night View of Earth Ever Captured by NASA – It is truly dazzling, make sure you look at the background to get an amazing view of the twisting nether of space.
- What Happens When You Crack an Egg 60 Feet Underwater?
- Gorilla Youngsters Seen Dismantling Poachers’ Traps—A First – Poachers will set traps for other animals, and when young gorillas are snared they are left to die. Now there are reports that some of them have figured out how to deactivate the traps.
- Meet the Genius Kids of the Google Science Fair