Queereka is looking for writers! The gig requires with some commitment and provides zero monetary pay, but what it lacks in dollar bills it makes up for with friendship and love! So what are we looking for?
At a minimum, applicants should self-identify as queer (by which we mean any non-normative sex, gender, or sexuality) and be knowledgeable about skepticism and feminism. We are particularly interested in writers who identify as trans* and asexual, but we will consider all applications.
Some further details:
- You should know how to write concisely.
- A sense of humor is a must (especially on lighthearted posts, though sarcasm certainly has its rightful place in more serious discussions).
- You need to be able to handle lots of e-mail (it comes from other writers as well as readers).
- You gotta be prepared for the occasional assholes that appear from time to time.
- You should be able to commit to posting on a regular basis (a minimum of at least once every 1-2 weeks).
Are you still interested? Great! Here’s how to apply:
- Fill out the contact form and make sure to select “Help Wanted” for the Subject line.
- Tell us a little bit about yourself, including how you identify (for example, I identify as a gay man) and your skeptical, secular, and/or other relevant interests.
- What sorts of issues would you like to write about?
- A link to any writing samples is definitely helpful, but not required.
- Make sure to keep it as concise as possible; the contact form has a word limit.
If you don’t fit these criteria but think you know someone who does, please send them our way!