A very special extra set of Quickies, direct from Miniature Red Polar God. Happy Monkey!
- No, Virginia, There is No Santa Claus. From my blogging hero, Greta Christina.
- On Santa. Elyse’s letter to her son about Santa Claus.
- White Wine In The Sun… the OTHER Tim Minchin Christmas song. The one that, for me, supplanted Fairytale of New York by The Pogues for the top spot in my personal Holiday charts. If you haven’t ever heard either, CLICK NOW.
- I Don’t Believe In Christmas, from our darling George Hrab. Write him for a free mp3 of the audio! [email protected]
- Horribly botched Santa cakes! From CakeWrecks.com. Featuring: Pirate Santa with an Oreo eyepatch!
- Zeno’s Advent Calendar, from xkcd.
- Singing Christmas Hedgehogs, from Stephanie Zvan at Almost Diamonds.
- Dreydl, dreydl, dreydl, I printed you with a wire-extruding makerbot! From Boing Boing.
- Darth Vader conducts Carol Of The Bells during exam week. For all our student readers, from GeekFeminism.org
As for myself, getting to write for this awesome blog has been the best gift a girl could ask for. Thank you all so much for your support and kind comments over the past six weeks! If I never have another year as great as this one has been, I’ll still consider myself lucky beyond words. Wherever you are, whatever winter holidays you are or aren’t celebrating, I hope this message finds you warm, happy and loved.