Jen wanted to be here to deliver the Monday Quickies, but she’s gone (literally) underground to investigate the rumors about albino alligators in New York’s sewers. So I’ve taken over!
- How Ayn Rand’s objectivist philosophy/cult ruined a girl’s childhood. From ekimbrough
- Australian women are leaving science careers – it’s probably just that girls aren’t good at math, right? (No, not right.) From John Chappell
- Portland mom reads Old Testament, decides to circumcise baby (NSFL) From an anonymous reader
- Summary of CFI Michigan’s response to criticisms over the lack of science in the evo psych rape talk: they respect and value Shackleford’s debunked work and want to host him at CFI. Also, Bug_Girl and Stephanie Zvan are “femi-nazis” who are too emotional to discuss rape. I can’t see how that could be a bad PR move.
- Skepticism in films – our friend Tim Farley reviews some upcoming films that may appeal to you.