Guys! Guys! Guys! I am SO EXCITED! We are less than a month away from the North East Conference on Science and Skepticism (NECSS)! Rebecca, Amy and I are all planning on being there and it’s going to be a blast! I hope we’ll see you there! Exclamation points!!!
A few things that are particularly important for Skepchick readers to note:
- Rebecca will be participating in the conference itself, as part of the Live Skeptics Guide to the Universe podcast. You won’t want to miss it.
- Amy will have Surly-Ramics for sale. She’s got lots of new stuff so you can stock up :)
- We will all be crashing the Drinking Skeptically on Friday night and turning it into Drinking Skepchickally: Skepchicks Take Manhattan II (Electric Boogaloo). If you recall, the original Skepchicks Take Manhattan was quite an event, so you won’t want to miss this one!
- We’ll be selling these AMAZING new Skepchick RayGun t-shirts. We’ll have women’s and unisex sizes in blue (pictured), pink, creme, and aqua.
- Amy was actually born in Manhattan and is planning on coming back to claim her rightful position as queen of the city.
- The conference itself is chock-full of amazing speakers, entertainers and friends of Skepchick, including Eugenie Scott, Phil Plait, George Hrab, John Rennie, Sadie Crabtree and LOTS more. Awesome isn’t a strong enough word and Charlie Sheen has taken over the word ‘winning’ and made it mean ‘crazy’ so I don’t even know what to call it. Just be there!
I hope to see lots of familiar faces and meet some new people too! Please stop and say hello!