Good morning! I’m just filling in for Jen while she mixes up some post-Mother’s Day cocktails in the Skepchick Lounge.
- Fake Science – A funny, tongue-in-cheek collection of alternate explanations for scientific facts. From Sydney.
- 5 Cheap Magic Tricks Behind Every Psychic – From Tristan and Steve.
- 6 Absurd Gender Stereotypes (That Science Says are True) – From Steve.
- “You don’t even have to say “Lumos Maxima” to turn me on!” – Harry Potter pickup lines, for those who need their wand tended to. From BjÃ¸rnar.
- “SciGirls” on PBS Kids Go! – “‘SciGirls,’ hoping to right the vexing science-and-technology imbalance that has left women chronically underrepresented in those fields, shows tweener girls engaged in projects that make physics, math, biology and other subjects seem fun.” From James Fox.
- MENSA pop star faces blasphemy charges – â€œIt is hard to believe in something written by people who drank too much wine and smoked herbal cigarettes.â€
- Group prayer protected Times Square from bomb – And here I thought it was because the guy did it wrong.