Happy Cinco de Mayo, everyone! Jen is busy mixing margaritas in the Skepchick lounge, so I’ve taken on her Quickie duties for today.
- What a shoddy piece of work is man: Philip Ball on unintelligent design (thanks, Sarah!)
- Rush Limbaugh isn’t saying environmentalists caused the disastrous Gulf oil spill. He’s just askin’ questions, ya know? (Thanks, Mark!)
- Apple removes Warthealer, an iPhone App that let you upload a picture of your wart so a healer could focus on it and think hard about it going away. Only takes about 111 days and costs $12.99. That’s not a deal, that’s a steal, folks. (Thanks, Zapski!)
- Chicken bones and black magic cannot harm you: badass Indian Rationalist Sanal Edamaruku is back with an article in the Times of India on superstition
- CHIMPS INVENTED SEX TOYS! Okay, the truth is a bit less “Fleshlight” than you’re probably hoping, but still. (Thanks, Steve!)
- Are you a geek in England? Help re-elect Dr Evan Harris, the MP who has led the charge for libel reform, supported Simon Singh throughout his case, and fought hard against the shit-tastic Digital Economy Bill. He needs your money and your vote!