Skepchick Quickies 4.30
- Man claims he ate, drank nothing for 70 years – “Prahlad Janiâ€™s claims are being put to the test at a hospital in Ahmedabad, where he is being closely monitored and studied by Indiaâ€™s Defence Research Development Organisation, which believes he may have a quality which could help save lives.” From a ton of people.
- Gary Null claims Gary Null’s Ultimate Power Meal nearly killed him -Â The supplement he shills for and that he was taking twice a day gave him a vitamin D overdose. Via Kyle.
- Â Suntanned women to be arrested under Islamic dress code – From Izzy.
- What happened when I went undercover at a Christian gay-to-straight conversion camp – “I donâ€™t remember exactly when I felt his erection pressing into my back. It might have been while he whispered in my ear, â€œLong ago, you were the Golden Child. But, somehow, that Golden Child was hurt, and you put up a wall to protect yourself.â€ Or it might have been when other men in the room broke out in song.” From Justin.
- Cute Animal Friday! Tiny baby pony will kill you with cuteness. Playing with baby skunks may not sound like a good idea, but it is anÂ adorable one (from abrogdon).
Yikes. I thought the earthquake comment was bad… time for tanquake?
Eh, boobs are healthy. Tans are less so. However, if it encourages large numbers of women to lay about scantily clad… I won’t argue.
Yes, Prahlad Jani is the solution to all famine and obesity in the world. Even, this solution can also lead to the end of all human problems.
I seem to remember James Randi using a breatharian as a reason he limited who could apply for the million dollar challenge. He said he was staking out one claiments hotel room at 4AM, waiting for him to sneak out to McDonalds, when it occured to him this was really silly.
I hate to be the one to point it out, but the baby skunk photo is fake.
@jogleby: In the words of the immortal Oprah, it may not be true, but it’s psycologically true.
@weatherwax: Like many things that Oprah says, I’m not sure what that means.
@jogleby: Well you’re just closed minded. Why do you hate the universe? The universe wants you to be happy.
It’s easy to mock the idea of arresting women for having tans, but the fact of the matter is that it’s a symptom of a benighted, medieval mindset that gets far more of a pass than it should simply because it’s associated with a religion.
You must log in to post a comment.