- First vertebrate eye to use mirror instead of lens – “The spookfish is the only deep-sea fish with eyes that have been shown to produce a focused image when looking both up and down. “This is the first demonstration that vertebrates are not as optically boring as we thought,” says Douglas.” Thanks Steve.
- Flash of lights we have heard on high – Some Canadian Skeptic’s take on the “angel” seen in the hospital security footage.
- Hysteria in four acts – Emory’s great summary of this article is: “A psychiatry professor finds common threads linking claims of
multiple-personality disorder, recovered memories, witch-hunts,
mesmerism, and clinical hysteria. Â Oh, you’ll also learn why hysterics
never pee on themselves.”
- DIY genetic engineering – I’m so disappointed I didn’t get a genetic engineering kit for Christmas now.
- Animals opening presents seemed like a good topical cute animal pick.Â The meerkats are adorable.Â Also topical is the latest Tree Lobster comic.