- Researchers build haunted room – “Ghostbusters frequently associate those experiences with anomalous electromagnetic fields (EMF) and infrasound. To test out the reported connection, Chris French and colleagues in the Anomalistic Psychology Research Unit built a room outfitted with EMF and infrasound generators.”Â From Entirely Different Steve.
- God writes a Halloween letter to Satan – From the author, Starve2act.
- Ghost seekers hoping to raise spirits – HAHAHA oh local headlines, you amuse me so!Â No, actually what amuses me is this: “Their three-member “investigation team” also includes David Hopkins, whose job as the designated “sensitive” is to serve as the connection between the physical world and the wherever.”Â Connected to the wherever? I love it. And the use of scare quotes.
- Branch sees dead people – Creationism should be called zombie science.Â From Emory.
- All Hallow’s Eve – “After years and years of doing seances and other haunted events, each time I see the season approach and the bowls of candy corn come out, Iâ€™m reminded that the doors of the spooky barn are again going to swing wide open and every lunatic fringe paranormal belief will be trotted out once again, without much true history, rational interestÂ or skeptical thought to show whatâ€™s really going on.”
- And here’s some animals playing with pumpkins, since last week’s cute animal photos didn’t result in the death of said animal.Â
This week at Teen Skepchick we met Jackie, Kayla,Â and Shalini.Â There wereÂ some great posts:Â Dawkins on Harry Potter, voting and clean energy, voting for science, and why I agree with Behe over Miller.