Today’s quickies were all sent in by fellow skepchicks and readers. Thanks for making my Friday morning easy, guys! And a great bunch of links it is, too.
- Booze, fat, and now coffee good for you– And this study says nothing about any application method other than oral.
- Woman gives birth to her own kidney– If by giving birth you mean doctors went in through her vagina to get to the kidney. It’s a new form of surgery utilizing natural orifices for entry. Guys, don’t think you get off easy.
- Rise in women doctors “worrying”– From the UK. The problem is that old male doctors are retiring and being replaced by young female doctors who are also bearing the brunt of child-rearing. So the obvious answer is to try and get more male doctors, since they can work full time and leave the kiddies with their wives, right?
- Military scrubs deceased gay soldier’s Wikipedia entry– “…the late service member was hardly in the closet — he went out to clubs in DC with and even served for a time as treasurer for American Veterans for Equal Rights working to end DADT.”
- US funded health search engine blocks “abortion”– “A U.S. government-funded medical information site that bills itself as the world’s largest database on reproductive health has quietly begun to block searches on the word “abortion,” concealing nearly 25,000 search results.”