First, let me apologize. I had hoped to get this posted Saturday morning. Unfortunately, my family believes that there is life outside of Skepchick, and they insist that I am a part of it with them. If you will forgive me for caving to them, I’ll give you the February answers and winner.
The Pendant owner was, and still is, me!
One thing I want to say before I get to the questions/answers and results is that this contest ended up having an interesting twist for me. I came up with the questions myself, and obviously I answered them myself. For each question, I was looking for something pretty specific. What was interesting was that, even as a 100% non-believer reading the results of other 100% non-believers, there were times that someone would give an answer other than the “correct” one and I would be floored that they came up with that. I was tempted to give credit for hits in lots of instances where that actually were not hits. For me, it definitely confirmed that the people who believe in psychics are not just stupid or naive, and getting suckered by these people is quite easy. That being said, results are after the jump.
Here are the answers to the questions:
1. What is the middle initial of the pendant owner?
2. Where does this person live?
Oswego, IL, suburb of Chicago
3. What is the significance of the numbers 1 and 8?
My fatherâ€™s birthday is 8/11
My motherâ€™s birthday is 1/18
My sisterâ€™s birthday is 11/18
My sonâ€™s due date was 8/1
4. What is the significance of the number 2?
My son was born at 2:02 on 8/02
My sister passed away on 02/20/2002
5. Considers what animal significant?
6. Why is that animal significant?
It was my sisterâ€™s favorite animal. I keep them around in her memory.
7. Has how many living parents?
8. Traveled where on last vacation?
9. Has a recurring dream about what?
Not being able to dial 9-1-1 in an emergency
Also acceptable: dying in an elevator crash, but I stopped having that dream a couple of years ago
10. How is this person connected a presidential candidate?
Hillary Clinton spoke at my high school graduation
11. When did this person last go on a date?
Sunday, Jan 27
12. Recently bought a clock, where is it now?
Hanging in my loft/computer room
13. What was the last alcoholic beverage this person drank?
Belvedere Vodka straight up
14. Has a crush on what TV character?
And our winner is:
MWare with 2 hits!
3. What is the significance of the numbers 1 and 8? (Mother and Fatherâ€™s birth month)
7. Has how many living parents? 2
Congrats to our first winner!
ETA: And don’t forget to enter our March Challenge, a high-hatting whodunnit!