There was a smÃ¶rgÃ¥sbord of great links to pick from this morning. I hope you’ll find the ones I picked out enjoyable.
- Over at Science Based Medicine, Mark Crislip has written an excellent article on the importance of Alternative Aviation. Part that nearly made me snort coffee out my nose: “Current airplane design is based upon a white male Western European model of what powered flight should look like. Long metal tubes with wings are a phallic design that insults the sensibilities of women, who have an alternative, more natural, emotional, way of understanding airplane design.”
- On Pandagon, Amanda Marcotte points out that wearing red makes you a harlot. Crap, I am an uber-harlot today as almost everything I’m wearing is red. That way the blood won’t show so much later when I sacrifice a goat.
- Our favorite astronomer has excellent news: the Montel Williams Show is no more! Wonder where old scary claws Sylvia Browne will show up next. I think a perfect storm of awful would be Sylvia on Rachel Ray’s show.
- Feminism is out of style. Journalist comes to this conclusion because her daughter and niece don’t know who Gloria Steinem is. Logic rules. ETA: Flygrrl has pointed out it’s actually about how to bring feminism back into style and get rid of old stereotypes.Â And tell your relatives who Steinem is.
- Man nearly kills himself with baking soda. Remember kids, just because it’s “all natural” doesn’t mean it’s safe.