I have seen some of these questions asked in different places, so I assume some readers here might have the same concerins. I’ve signed up for a monthly amount because I think it’s terribly important to help protect free speech against any tyranny, but especially agaist violent religious tyranny. And also because I try to do my best to protect and promote women’s rights — the right of women to be human beings — in every way I can, and Islam completely dehumanizes women.
You’ll have to go to the link for the answers:
1. As a bestselling author, canâ€™t Ayaan Hirsi Ali afford to pay for her own protection?
2. In your original appeal, you wrote that â€œif every reader of this email simply pledged ten dollars a month to protect Ayaan Hirsi Ali, the costs of her security would be covered for as long as the threat to her life remains.â€ How can you say this if you donâ€™t know how far the email has spread? And if you only need $10 from each person why does the security page have options to give as much as $1000 per month?
3. Arenâ€™t there more important causes to support than the protection of Ayaan Hirsi Ali?
4. Might this just be a waste of money? Do bodyguards actually make a difference?
5. Isnâ€™t it true that the Dutch would still protect Ayaan Hirsi Ali if she remained in Holland?
6. Why single out Ayaan Hirsi Ali? Donâ€™t other Muslim dissidents need our support?
7. What will you do with the money, if you donâ€™t raise enough of it?
8. What will you do if you raise more money than is needed?
9. Ayaan Hirsi Ali works for the American Enterprise Instituteâ€”a â€œneoconservativeâ€ think-tank. Why should liberals support her?
10. How widely is this appeal being circulated? Is this only a secular effort, or have you reached out to Christians and moderate Muslims as well?
11. Is there a risk that a high profile appeal such as this might be seen as a victory by the extremists who threaten Muslim apostates?
12. Will you personally be giving to the Security Trust every month?