A few updates:
* The new laptop is up and running at the Skepchick home office. Thanks again to everyone who helped with advice and/or sympathy!
* The second round of the Public Radio Talent Quest will be recorded late next week, with voting to follow shortly thereafter. Stay tuned for that.
* The 2008 Skepchick & Skepdude calendars are underway, with the bulk of the models now snapping photos. This year, I’d like to explore options for distribution, like going through Amazon.com or chains like Barnes & Noble. If anyone has any ideas on that front, let me know!
* I’m going to a charity event tonight at Upstairs on the Square in Harvard Square, put on by Cambridge Cares about AIDS. Nothing really skeptical about it, I just wanted to give the organization a little shout-out.
* Apparently it’s tough for two people in academia to hook up. Marriage-wise, I mean.
Rebecca, looks like it's easy for academics to hook up marriage wise but perhaps not sex wise. Wonder what impact this will have on the intellect of future generations if clever people aren't breeding or are only have singletons?
I'm assuming the new laptop is a Macbook Pro? Heard Perry ( or is it Parry with a North American accent?) giving you shit on the SGTU podcast about buying an Apple.
In good old New Zealand (for you inward looking North Americans NZ is a defacto state of Australia, you know where Russell Crowe comes from) we are projected to experience a population decline later in the century.
Anecdotally, living in a professional, middle class neighbourhood I notice that like my own dear partner many women are leaving reproduction until the last possible moment. Many of the mothers of my 6 year old sons friends are well into their 40's.
You must log in to post a comment.