Hello, loyal Skepchick readers. It is I, Mindy, managing editor of Teen Skepchick. I have exciting news: We’re looking for new writers.
Writing for Teen Skepchick is a labor of love. We can’t offer you any pay. (We’re all still waiting for that Monsanto/vaccine lobby paycheck.) But, what we lack in mad scrilla we make up for in the form of a supportive community.
Have I piqued your interest? Here’s what we’d like in a new writer:
- Be able to write clearly.
- Have a sense of humor.
- An interest in science, skepticism, humanism, feminism, social justice, and/or their interaction.
- Be a teen or young adult.
- The ability to post once every couple of weeks.
Writing for Teen Skepchick is fun, but it’s not a trivial commitment. There are times you’ll need to handle a bunch of email from your fellow writers, as well as people who contact us using the contact form. There is a non-zero probability that you’ll have to deal with internet jerk-stores, although in general the wider Skepchick community is incredibly supportive, helpful, and wants to see you succeed.
Still interested? In that case, please send the following to [email protected]:
- A short bio, including your background and interests
- Topics you’d like to write about (this doesn’t have to be an exhaustive list)
- Any special skills you might have (like video or sound editing, graphic design, etc.)
- A short writing sample is certainly helpful, but not required
I look forward to hearing from all of you soon!
Featured image credit: sarachicad via Flickr