Quickies: Trans lives, the privilege of running, and feminine Pokemon
- The tragic deaths and magnificent lives of trans people – “Even if the larger public does not worry about or account for our deaths, the trans community holds these losses. We bring life to the people who are no longer with us and the truth of our beauty will no longer go unspoken.” From Donna.
- The remarkable privilege of running – “Put simply, low-income neighborhoods often aren’t as safe for runners, for a number of reasons. One study, for instance, found that due to poor infrastructure and safety enforcement, pedestrians living in low-income neighborhoods were six times more likely to be injured by a moving vehicle than those from high-income neighborhoods.”
- Starter Pokemon’s “feminine” evolution is bothering some fans – I can’t say it any better than Alex: “I literally could not make up this level of male fragility.”
- Science wide open: Children’s books about women in science – I especially love the art for this Kickstarter project.
- Cute Animal Friday! I give you, Steve the Cat and his flock of sheep. Also, weiner dogs and their BFF, a lion.