Quickies: Misogyny at Fox News, Another “Fountain of Youth” Pill, and Della Reese’s Talk Show
- 5 Points On The Explosive Allegations In Andrea Tantaros’ Fox News Lawsuit – “In a lawsuit filed Monday, former Fox News host Andrea Tantaros alleges that ex-network boss Roger Ailes was far from alone in making unwanted sexual advances during her tenure there. Tantaros alleges that network heavyweight Bill O’Reilly and former Sen. Scott Brown (R-MA) also contributed to a culture of ‘misogyny’ at the conservative news network.” From Donna.
- An MIT Scientist Claims That This Pill Is the Fountain of Youth – The science on anti-aging is great, but how about we also focus on making people’s current lives better, especially those who can’t afford all of these “miracle” drugs?
- Many clinical trials’ findings never get published. Here’s why that’s bad – “A subsequent law demands that researchers who conduct drug studies in kids post their findings on ClinicalTrials.gov, a federally run database. The registry however, is just a clearinghouse of raw information and represents the bare minimum for reporting data. Few, if any, people without a background in research are going to know how to use it or make sense of what it contains. That’s why publication of studies is so important.”
- Armed police order Muslim woman to remove her burkini on packed Nice beach – as mother, 34, wearing Islamic headscarf is threatened with pepper spray and fined in Cannes – This is sickening. From Alex.
- Decades Before Oprah, Della Reese was the First Black Woman to Host a Talk Show – ” ‘The man who was selling our show said he couldn’t sell our show because my gums were black,’ Reese told the Archive of American Television in 2008. ‘That was his rationale—that my gums were not pink. Every time I smiled, I turned people off.’ “