Quickies: First trans caucus meeting at DNC, ancient air bubbles, and misogyny
- Jessica Valenti takes a break from social media after threat against her daughter – From Amy.
- Transgender DNC delegates hold first-ever caucus meeting – “The delegates who attended the Transgender Caucus meeting are among the 515 openly LGBT delegates or alternates to this year’s Democratic National Convention. They met hours before Human Rights Campaign National Press Secretary Sarah McBride will become the first openly trans person to speak at a major party convention.” From Jamie.
- Ancient air bubbles could completely revise history of Earth’s oxygen – “This new technique reveals that oxygen made up 10.9 percent of Earth’s atmosphere around 815 million years ago. Scientists have thought that oxygen levels would not be that high until 100 million to 200 million years later.” From Criticaldragon1177.
- Man entirely different misogynist online than in real life – The Onion hits the nail on the head, again.
- Cute Animal Friday! This owl and kitten are the best, adorable buds. And omg, look at how cute these baby wildkittens are!