Quickies: Women knights, slime molds, and sexist ads
- “Game of Thrones” effect sees female knights jousting at English castles – Brienne of Tarth would be so proud.
- How slime molds make decisions – Really interesting and beautiful video (yes, slime molds can be beautiful!).
- Physicist Hadiyah-Nicole Green on the verge of a cancer treatment breakthrough – “When I was growing up I didn’t see an example of a Black female scientist, I didn’t see images of people like me in the lab doing research. And when I thought of a physicist, I thought of Albert Einstein. I hope in the future people will also think of me, a Black female physicist.”
- Sexist ads don’t work so Unilever has decided to stop making them – “Unilever also performed a global ad survey to find out what people think about advertisements. According to those results, 40% of women respondents said that “they do not identify at all with the women they see in advertising.””
- Cute Animal Friday! The Pumi is a new dog breed recognized by the AKC and they’re adorable!