Quickies: Praying mantis named after RBG, too many women, and Our Bodies, Ourselves
- Scientists name new praying mantis species after Ruth Bader Ginsburg – This makes me so happy. From Mindy.
- Our final answer on “too many women” – The “Stuff You Missed in History Class” podcasters respond to claims that they focus too much on women. “After tallying the numbers and showing that, in fact, most shows are about men, and showing the results in nice pie-charts, they conclude: “Allow me to suggest that if you think these charts represent a show that is “mostly about women” or talks about women “too much,” that the problem is not us, our work, or our subject matter.”” From Arturo.
- Coincidence detector: The Google Chrome extension white supremacists use to track Jews – The app appears to have been removed from the Google app store as of this morning. From Amy.
- Our Bodies, Ourselves marches on into the 21st century – “What is so distinctive and important about ‘Our Bodies, Ourselves’ is how we combine information about women’s bodies that leads to self-knowledge with political activism and with an understanding of how the social and political sphere influences how we live our lives.”
- Cute Animal Friday! Behold, the fiercest kitten.