Quickies: OxyContin, the best PAC, and a “wellness” advocate facing legal action
- OxyContin’s 12 hour problem – “But OxyContin’s stunning success masked a fundamental problem: The drug wears off hours early in many people, a Los Angeles Times investigation found. OxyContin is a chemical cousin of heroin, and when it doesn’t last, patients can experience excruciating symptoms of withdrawal, including an intense craving for the drug.” From Pteryxx.
- Meet the PAC dedicated to dissuading straight white men from running for office – From Mindy.
- Disgraced “wellness” advocate facing legal action over cancer claims – “Disgraced so-called wellness advocate Belle Gibson, who claimed to have cured her own cancer through alternative medicine before admitting she did not have the disease, is facing legal action.” From Jack99.
- Lupita Nyong’o checks Vogue for comparing her hairdo to Audrey Hepburn – From Alex.
- Hey guys, I was on the latest episode of Read it and Weep and I had to read a really long, really boring fantasy book with tons of torture in it, so please go listen.
- Cute Animal Friday! My local SPCA has a livestream of their adoption center. I’m a sucker for livestreams of animals, so please let me know about any more!