March 12th Primary Recap: No Trump Wins Tonight
Tonight, a handful of caucuses and primaries took place, from the Northern Mariana Islands, to the District of Columbia. There were only 30 delegates up for grabs for Republicans, and Trump only took one. In that regard, America was the real winner tonight! On the Democratic side, only six delegates were awarded, and Hillary nabbed 2/3 of them.
Here’s the breakdown:
- District of Columbia Republican Caucus
- Rubio took home his third overall win, snagging 37% of the vote and 10 delegates. Kasich came in a close second with 35%, meaning he gets 9 delegates.
- Northern Mariana Islands Democratic Caucus
- In the first ever Northern Mariana Islands Democratic Caucus, voters rewarded Clinton with 54 percent of votes. That adds another four delegates to her total, and two to Bernie Sanders’.
- Wyoming Republican Caucus
- Cruz had a commanding win in Wyoming, with 66.3% of the vote. This nets him 9 delegates, with one more each going to Rubio & Trump.
- Guam Republican Convention.
- Guam nominates delegates, but they are not tied to a particular candidate. So far, IBTimes reports that one of Guam’s nine delegates has pledged to Cruz.
This is the last round of primary voting before Tuesday’s huge showdown. If you’re a voter for either party in Florida, Illinois, Missouri, North Carolina, or Ohio make sure you find your polling place and check your voter ID laws ahead of time! And if you’re a Republican in the Northern Mariana Islands get ready for caucusing! 367 Republican delegates are available for the taking on Tuesday, while the Democrats fight it out for 691 on their end. Happy voting!