Quickies: Male sexual assault survivors, morphine in “herbal” cough syrup, and militants
- Male survivors of sexual assault speak out – “On top of the erasure of men’s experiences of sexual violence, often the loudest men talking about men who have experienced rape and sexual assault are self-labeled Mens Rights Activists (MRAs). But instead of creating a safe space for men to speak about their experiences, or working to rid the world of its toxic masculinity constructs as one might imagine supposed-advocates for men would, MRAs use a perceived lack of dialogue on male rape as a weapon against victims of every other gender.”
- “Herbal” cough syrup recalled because its secret ingredient is morphine – From cerberus40.
- Star Wars toymakers were specifically directed to exclude Rey – “According to an industry insider, the dearth of Rey merchandise for The Force Awakens was no accident — it was an intentional decision.” From Jamie.
- Militants bulldoze through Native American archeological site, rifle through artifacts – “Armed militants at the Malheur Wildlife Refuge continue to damage both the delicate ecosystem of the refuge and archeological sites of critical importance to the Burns Paiute Tribe. Amanda Peacher from Oregon Public Broadcasting shared photos of what appeared to be a new road in the refuge and got confirmation that not only is the road new, it goes through a vitally important area.”
- Cute Animal Friday! A happy, leaping weasel. And look at the teeny tiny baby tiger cubs!