Quickies: You’re just wrong, the research ban on gun violence, and vaccinating wild animals
- No, it’s not your opinion, you’re just wrong – “You can be wrong or ignorant. It will happen. Reality does not care about your feelings. Education does not exist to persecute you. The misinformed are not an ethnic minority being oppressed. What’s that? Planned Parenthood is chopping up dead babies and selling them for phat cash? No, that’s not what actually happened. No, it’s not your opinion. You’re just wrong.” From mrmisconception.
- Physicians demand end to 20-year ban on gun violence research – “This ban, supported by the National Rifle Association (NRA), has effectively silenced researchers at both the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and National Institutes of Health (NIH) for conducting any comprehensive studies on what causes violence — and what can be done to prevent it — since 1996.” From mrmisconception.
- That time Europe air-dropped vaccine-loaded chicken heads to bait rabid foxes – “Vaccinating wild animals against disease was a new concept, and American scientists had been the first to try. Initially, they tried capturing animals and immunizing them by hand, but that proved too laborious and costly. So in the 1960s, scientists started looking for ways of persuading animals to vaccinate themselves.”
- Why the history of math is also the history of art – With beautiful images illustrating mathematical concepts.
- Cute Animal Friday! Taking the title literally, with Animal facing off in a drum battle against Dave Grohl.