Quickies: Microloan Research, Star Wars Activism, and Doctor Abuse
- Microloans Don’t Solve Poverty – “Researchers say the recent studies carry a broader message about the need for rigorous research in charitable programs.”
- What Rape Apologists Need to Learn From Jessica Jones – “But Jessica Jones isn’t just about a survivor getting retribution for her rapist’s crimes; it also presents us with her rapist, over and over, and his belief that he did nothing wrong.”
- The internet got a Star Wars character turned into a woman – Goooo internet activism! From Courtney.
- What’s A Species, Anyway? – “The search for the red wolf’s origins have led scientists to a new theory about how evolution actually works.”
- This Supercut of All the Non-Leia Female Dialogue in the Original Star Wars Trilogy Will Astound You – From Donna.
- Why didn’t anyone stop Doctor Hardy? – “In college and in his medical practice, Roger Hardy left a long trail of women who said he abused them.” A gynecologist and infertility specialist regularly abused women until finally enough women spoke up that they were believed. He’s still not in prison either, he fled to Thailand.
- Margaret Atwood is working on her first graphic novel series – “Of course, Atwood won’t be the only award-winning author diving into comics next year. Between the World and Me author Ta-Nehisi Coates is already working on the next Black Panther series, set to debut next spring.” From Courtney.
- ‘This Will Be The End Of Trump’s Campaign,’ Says Increasingly Nervous Man For Seventh Time This Year – Before you click, this is a link from The Onion.