Quickies: Anti-feminists, Kaleidoscopes, and Marijuana Prosecution
- When Minorities Demand Equal Respect – “Students from Yale to the University of Missouri are protesting the one-sided equation that has excused offensive behavior for years.”
- This Cartoon Nails the 32 Types of Anti-Feminists – How Many Have You Come Across? – From mrmisconception.
- The Forgotten Kaleidoscope Craze in Victorian England – “It’s hard to imagine now, but in the years after the kaleidoscope was first invented in 1816, it distracted the public as much as an iPhone. A person couldn’t walk down a street in London without seeing people staring into these tubes and walking into walls from being so immersed in the new invention.”
- Michigan Prosecutors Pressured Lab on Medical Marijuana Results – “Attorneys and medical marijuana advocates accuse Michigan prosecutors of pressuring the state’s crime lab to falsely classify the origins of THC found in hash oils and marijuana edibles as ‘origin unknown.’ Prosecutors exploited the ambiguity to charge medical marijuana users for possession of synthetic THC, despite the fact that the personal use of medical marijuana has been legal in Michigan since it was approved by voters in 2008.” From Rebecca.
- This New Hadrosaur Species Is A Classic Missing Link
- From Beirut, This Is Paris: In A World That Doesn’t Care About Arab Lives – “Amid the chaos and tragedy of it all, one nagging thought wouldn’t leave my head. It’s the same thought that echoes inside my skull at every single one of these events, which are becoming sadly very recurrent: we don’t really matter.” From Veronica.