Quickies

Quickies: Susan Brownmiller, sudden drug price increases, and sex robots

Amanda

Amanda

Amanda is a science grad student in Boston whose favorite pastimes are having friendly debates and running amok.

Quickies: Microaggressions, the History of Autism, and the Golden Girls

New Species of Human Discovered by Six Badass Women

1. September 22, 2015 at 9:20 am —

I read the Brownmiller interview as well after reading Harding’s article. All the sads.

2. September 22, 2015 at 9:32 am —

Since the financial meltdown in ’07-’08 didn’t convince everyone, between the awful pieces of garbage like Martin Shkreli and the recent Volkswagen diesel scandal the laissez-faire types must be able to see why business self-regulation is a disastrous idea.

But then again they still cling to the fairy tale of trickle down so I highly doubt it.

3. September 22, 2015 at 9:47 am —

What I find most interesting (read nauseating) about the sex robot story is that the Red Pill subreddit has a “ladies auxiliary” called the Blue Pill. Fucking really? I mean, as soon as I saw the source of this ludicrous idea I expected the woman-hating to be strong with this one, but that Blue Pill thing still caught me by surprise.

It’s not bad enough that these MRA neckbeards believe they can see through societies delusions (AKA taking the red pill) but to then suggest that the women who support their misogyny are still in the matrix surrounded by the delusion. I guess any woman that would support this bullshit is delusional so I’ll give them that, but really?

Fucking kumquat stains, giving fedoras a bad name.

• September 22, 2015 at 10:49 am —

Erm…
      “Blue Pill” is the sub dedicated to making fun of “Red Pill”. The “ladies auxiliary” is “Red Pill Women”.

• September 22, 2015 at 12:07 pm —

OK, that makes more sense (not much more), Pandagon got it wrong then.

• September 23, 2015 at 11:59 am —

Don’t be surprised. Americans don’t get satire or parody. And social media activists are the worst about it, in my experience.

• September 22, 2015 at 12:11 pm —

And by “not much more” I mean that there is still a “ladies auxiliary” to Red Pill.

I think making fun of Red Pill is a worthy cause, I might just have to check out Blue Pill.