Quickies: Political Correctness, Anxiety Disorder Management, and Feminist Comic Books
- Sarah Silverman pushes back against “creepy P.C. culture” backlash: “You have to listen to the college-aged, because they lead the revolution” – Listening to criticism instead of just brushing it off can help you to be funnier by being more creative too.
- No, I Can’t “Just Relax”: How I Learned to Manage My Anxiety Disorder – An excellent article that illustrates how frustrating and exhausting having an anxiety disorder can be.
- The Black Family in the Age of Mass Incarceration – “American politicians are now eager to disown a failed criminal-justice system that’s left the U.S. with the largest incarcerated population in the world. But they’ve failed to reckon with history. Fifty years after Daniel Patrick Moynihan’s report ‘The Negro Family’ tragically helped create this system, it’s time to reclaim his original intent.”
- Mumbai slum dwellers say ‘I have to help’ stop violence against women – This is all about one woman’s journey when she realizes that she does not deserve to be brutalized by her husband–and later he realizes it too–thanks to a domestic violence awareness organization that provides help and empowers locals to help others.
- Bitch Planet Gives Patriarchy a Feminist Middle Finger – I am definitely going to check this comic book out.