Quickies: Rainbow Logos, The Introvert/Extrovert Spectrum, and Placentophagy Studies
- Dispatch From Charleston: The Cost Of White Comfort – “But thanks to something I experienced the previous night in Charleston, I couldn’t shake a paralyzing feeling: When black people and white people clasped hands in the arena that night, the comfort wouldn’t be evenly distributed. The healing wouldn’t flow both ways.”
- #IStandWithTauriq: Tauriq Moosa Leaves Twitter After Sustained Harassment Campaign Led By GamerGate – “Moosa drew the ire of GamerGate when he posted a story on Polygon about Witcher 3‘s lack of diversity. The story then spawned its own hashtag: #GamesSoWhite. Before long, he found himself the target of a sustained harassment campaign because of ‘ethics in games journalism’ or something.” From Radium.
- Let’s Quit It with the Introvert/Extrovert Nonsense – As you might suspect, it’s more of a spectrum, not a binary.
- Eating the placenta after birth carries no health benefits, new study finds – “So what we understand about animals eating their placenta is partly that they are protecting themselves and their newborn from predators because the smell of afterbirth, so they eat their placenta for that reason. It’s possible that it does offer them also some other benefits such as reduction of pain and maybe even some nutrients, but what we know about animals is that they eat it raw, and they eat it in its entirety right after birth. And that’s not what human mothers who practice placentophagy are doing when most often they are encapsulating it, not eating it raw. They don’t eat it in one setting, and it’s not right in the delivery room.” From Will.
- I Infiltrated an ‘Ex-Gay’ Group in New York City — And This Is What It Did to Me – “In short, the ex-gay/reparative therapy model posits that if you fill your perverted need for male intimacy with Godly kinds of male intimacy, such as a father figure, love from a male-gendered deity or a lot of holy bro-ing out, you won’t want to have sex with guys anymore.”
- A Guy Got Mad At An NBC Station For Its “Gay Colored” Peacock Logo – I mean, the headline says it all. From Kavin.