Quickies: Bone Broths, Misinformed Senators, and Amy Poehler is Wonderful
- America wants Harriet Tubman on $20 bill – “Right now, our currency is very male and very white. A grassroots campaign called Women on 20s hopes to change that, and started an online petition to replace Andrew Jackson on the twenty.” From Amy.
- Louisiana Senator Is Not Cool With Scientists Murdering All The Creationists Dead – According to the senator, “There was a time, sir, when scientists thought that the world was flat. And if you get to the end of it, you’d fall off. There was another time when scientists thought that the sun revolved around the world. And they always thought to ensure that anyone who disagreed with their “science” was a heretic. People were burned for not believing that the world was flat. People were really badly treated.” Yep, he is saying that scientists allegedly burned people for not believing in their science. Hmm I think he may have gotten the words wrong in his Mad Libs history book. From CriticalDragon1177.
- How the Bone Broth Debate Boiled Over So Suddenly – Paleo-inspired businesses are making money selling bone broth, i.e. bones boiled in water for a long time and sold as a miracle caveman elixir. If this sounds familiar, it’s because the rest of the non-Paleo-fad world just calls this “soup (without noodles).”
- Vienna Introduces New, Same-Sex Themed Crosswalk Signals – “Reuters reports that the crosswalk signals were installed to coincide with two big events planned for the city: The Eurovision Song Contest and “Life Ball,” a charity event to raise money to fight HIV and AIDS.”
- Amy Poehler is Really Making Herself Uncomfortable – ” ‘I have these meetings with really powerful men and they ask me all the time, “Where are your kids? Are your kids here?”?’ she says with a sneer. ‘It’s such a weird question. Never in a million years do I ask guys where their kids are. It would be comparable to me going to a guy, “Do you feel like you see your kids enough?”?’ “
- First Jem And The Holograms Trailer Is Truly Outrageous—In How Bad It Is – Aw maaaan! I didn’t even see any scenes where they were fighting the Misfits!