Quickies: Girls love science, chemtrails, and last names
- Girls love science. We tell them not to – “A recent article argued that ‘biology and nature sway females away from science.’ Not so fast.”
- California county votes to investigate chemtrails – From bluebottle.
- Teen convinces high school to drop abstinence-only sex ed – From Criticaldragon1177.
- What happened when we gave our daughter my last name – “That moment confirmed for me that the patriarchy is still deeply ingrained—in all of us. Surnames are one of the unseen limbs of the old world. Giving a child the father’s last name is still a given. And that given preserves the man’s place of power, from the Supreme Court on down to the everyday Joe.”
- Cute Animal Friday! Is there such a thing as a hummingbird infestation? Tawny frogmouth chicks remain my favorite weird cute animal, even if they do stink.