Amanda is busy working undercover in The Vatican, where she hopes to find out once and for all what the Pope wears under his robes. In the meanwhile, I have taken over the Quickies!
- Homeopathy company recalls products that may have real medicine: “In this case, however, the FDA found that the process Terra Medica used to make six of its products could introduce the antibiotic penicillin into Terra Medica liquids, tablets, capsules, ointments and suppositories.” (via Surly Amy)
- How Malaria Defeats Our Drugs: “But victories in malaria are often short-lived. In the early 2000s, the team started hearing rumours from western Cambodia that ACTs were becoming less effective. White tried to stay calm. He had heard plenty of false alarms about incurable Cambodian patients, but it always turned out that they were taking counterfeit drugs. “I was just hoping it was another of those,” he says.”
- Students and faculty boycott graduation over radical religious creationist speakers: “Outraged Tech professors who plan to skip the ceremony say the Gianfortes’ beliefs fly in the face of the science being taught on campus. And one student group is considering holding its own graduation ceremony with a different speaker.” (via Cody)
- Support the Free CeCe documentary on Kickstarter: “The film will begin with the events that took place in Minneapolis, MN on June 5, 2011 at 12AM, which led to the death of Dean Schmitz and the incarceration of Chrishaun Reed “CeCe” McDonald, told from an in-prison interview.”
- Cute Animal Friday! Happy 45th birthday to Paula the sloth at the Halle Zoo in Germany!