Happy Birthday to Roger Payne! He was born on January 29, 1935, and is a biologist and a co-discoverer of whale songs. Another interesting fact: a recording of whale songs is included on the Voyager record.
- Food and Germs: Pollan and Velasquez-Manoff – If you can, take some time to listen to this radio interview. “Authors Michael Pollan and Moises Velasquez-Manoff argue that our growing obsession with processed foods and living “germ-free” are radically changing the colonies of bacteria in our stomachs — and, in the process, endangering our health.”
- A Sexual-Decision Flowchart That Makes Everything Simpler for Medieval Men – “A visualization of early Christian rules about sex; or, why sex is still a weird thing today.”
- She Was Harassed By A Games Reporter. Now She’s Speaking Out. – It’s pretty telling that this woman, who was sexually harassed while giving an interview, didn’t want to say anything to the interviewee because she feared that she would be the rude one.
- Growing Up ‘White,’ Transracial Adoptee Learned To Be Black – The perspective of a black man who was adopted by white parents. Even though he was in a loving family, he didn’t really learn to love himself until his early 20’s.
- CFI Tells Supreme Court: Hobby Lobby Religious Exemption Would Harm Workers, Violate Constitution – Seriously, Hobby Lobby and others, get with the program! Why are we still having this argument.
- The Complete Guide to Never Ever Ever Getting Fat – You may be pleased to know that this is a Lindy West article. (Proven fact: reading this article will or will not make you fat.)