Skepchick Quickies 11.25
Happy Birthday to Julius von Mayer! He was born on November 25, 1814, and was a physicist who became one of the founders of the First Law of Thermodynamics.
- Australian Vaccination Network loses appeal against name change order – Yay! From Jack99.
- “Servants”: Behind the scenes at real-life Downton Abbeys – “A historian offers a ridiculously diverting glimpse of downstairs life in Edwardian England.” I will definitely check this out.
- Women can’t be sushi chefs because their hands cook the fish? Gene investigates illogic – I had never noticed the sushi chef thing before. What do you think of this article? From nowoo.
- Why Did 9,000 Porny Spambots Descend on This San Diego High Schooler? – The world of bots is strange, indeed.
- Breaking: Federal District Court Declares A Religious Income Tax Exemption Unconstitutional – From CriticalDragon1177.
- Everyone Lotion for Everyone, and Men Too – Just another example of the genderisation of everyday products like lotion.
- Your Brain on Poverty: Why Poor People Seem to Make Bad Decisions.