On November 21, 1953, the British Natural History Museum revealed that the Piltdown Man skull was in fact a hoax. (Thanks, Obama!)
- Former Graduate Student, Involved in Unionization Efforts, Sues University of Michigan for Failing to Deal with Sexual Harassment – From Heina.
- Read now: Open Society Foundation’s ‘Meet the Somalis’ – A review of a graphic novel featuring stories of seven Somalis in various European cities.
- The Man Arthur Conan Doyle Called ‘America’s Sherlock Holmes’ – “Newspapers called William J. Burns ‘the greatest detective America has produced,’ and his sad fate illustrates what might have awaited the fictional Holmes if he’d been real.”
- Americans Like Obamacare Where They Can Get It – “In a number of states that have working online health-care exchanges, more and more people are signing up for the insurance coverage that is available under the Affordable Care Act.”
- The Worst Jobs In Science And Three Awesome Ones – I usually hate slideshows but this one is worth it.