Todd Stiefel Fuels the Skepchick/FtB Rivalry
Todd Stiefel, whose Stiefel Freethought Foundation is providing matching funds for money raised by Foundation Beyond Belief Light the Night teams, is now offering a dare of his own if either Skepchick or Freethought Blogs raises $20,000 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. He’ll shave his hair into a mohawk, and the team that gets to twenty grand first gets to choose the color.
This is of course in addition to the many other incentives both teams are offering in exchange for donations. We’re also offering incentives for you to join the Skepchick Team to show your support, even if you can’t afford to donate.
- –You can join our virtual team (scroll down on our team page and click JOIN). You don’t have to be in Dallas or do the walk to help with fundraising and to show your support by joining. When we reach 300 team members, Courtney Caldwell and Elyse Anders will wear giant light-up cowboy hats while doing the Dallas Light the Night walk. Plus . . .
- —The non-Skepchick Network team member who raises the most money for the Skepchick Team through their personal fundraising page will receive a free Surly!
As of now, you’ve helped our team raise $1,904! You guys kick ass. I am working away on my superheros for the kids and lining up the next 5 for when we hit $2,000. And we’re only $600 away from Anne Sauer’s custom warm drink recipe. I can’t wait to sit with a cup of that deliciousness in front of my fake TV fire.
We are shooting for at least $10,001 (and hoping to take Todd up on his dare by raising $20,000), so today, we’re adding even more incentives.
- –When we raise $4,000, Kaoru from Queereka will write a positive review of a comic or movie suggested by you, the more irredeemably awful, the better: 2048: A Story of America’s Future? Every Young Man’s Struggle? A couple of Spire Comics’ Christian versions of Archie books? Kaoru will find something legitimately good about it and write a review.
- –When we raise $6,000, Avery (who writes for both Queereka and Teen Skepchick) will create a juggling video in which he will include your suggestions for what to juggle (non-dangerous items only).
- –When we hit $8,000, Kaoru will create a super hero costume, go someplace public, and spend several hours helping people in character. Suggestions will be welcome for powers, design ideas, and so forth.
These are in addition to the stunts and rewards we’re already offering:
- For every $1,000 we raise, I will create superhero likenesses of and for 5 kids with cancer. Being created right now!
- When we reach $2,500, Anne Sauer from Mad Art Lab will design a custom nonalcoholic warm beverage and share the recipe with all of us!
- If we raise $3,500, new Skepchick Olivia will shave her head.
- If we raise $5,000, Brian G from Mad Art Lab will draw a mash-up masterpiece that has to integrate ALL of your suggestions, no matter how unrelated. The original will then be auctioned off, with all proceeds going to LLS.
- At $7,500, I will dress up as a stormtrooper and do my laundry at a public laundromat, with pics to prove it.
- If we raise $10,000, Rebecca will dye her hair again and you choose the color.
- At $10,001, Elyse will spend an entire day out in public, running errands, while wearing a shirt with HERO on it as well as all her race medals (6) around her neck, with pics to prove it.
- Sarah Moglia is offering incentives on her personal fundraising page: If you donate $15, she will hand write a card and mail it to you; for $25, she will Skype or Google Hangout with you and you can pick her brain and ask her questions; for $75, she will write a blog post on the topic of your choice.
- Rebecca has also added incentives to her personal fundraising page: If you donate $20 through her page, she will Tweet you a very nice compliment (from @rebeccawatson); for $25, she will Tweet you a very nice insult; for $50, she will make a Vine in which she says your name and thank you, and also a cat will be there looking adorable; $100, she will make a YouTube video thanking you and also maybe talking about how smart and good looking you are.
Featured Image by David Erickson.