Skepchick Quickies 9.9
On September 9, 1947, the first computer bug was found. It was a moth lodged in a relay and it was noted by Grace Hopper, a computer scientist and US Navy Rear Admiral.
- EpiPens for All – The argument for having EpiPens available for kids who don’t have prescriptions. From Elyse.
- The six ways we talk about a teenage girl’s age – “The idea that a teen can be ‘older than her chronological age’ puts young girls in danger.” Definitely give this a read.
- The NALT Christians Project – Meaning “Not All Like That,” it focuses on Christians who want to come out in support of LGBT rights. I really like this! From Mindy.
- Taken: The Use and Abuse of Civil Forfeiture – “Under civil forfeiture, Americans who haven’t been charged with wrongdoing can be stripped of their cash, cars, and even homes. Is that all we’re losing?” Wow, I didn’t even know this was a thing. O_O
- Even little kids have a wage gap – “Girls do more housework than boys–and they make less in allowance for what they do.” From Will.