On September 18, 1919, women in the Netherlands were granted the right to vote. On a related note, I just found out that women weren’t allowed to vote in Liechtenstein (a country between Austria and Switzerland) until 1984!
- Amazing Missed Connection Takes Down Street Harassing Dickwads – ‘Nuff said. From Sarah.
- Auto-Brewery Syndrome: Apparently, You Can Make Beer In Your Gut – The catch is that you get randomly drunk without drinking alcohol, and nobody believes you.
- This Adorable Campaign Ad Basically Sums Up the GOP’s Big Problem – I just wanted to share this because I am lucky enough to have a chance to vote for this guy.
- Yikes: ‘Blurred Lines’ Lyrics Aren’t So Catchy When Rapists Read Them – Trigger warning, obviously.
- Small Victories – Don’t you hate it when people tell feminists (or other social justice activists) to focus on “real problems”? Then please, enjoy this comic. :) From Sarah.
- CDC Threat Report: ‘We Will Soon Be in a Post-Antibiotic Era’ – I am seriously frightened by this. (Although a C. diff infection, one of the antibiotic-resistant germs on the list, is easily cured by fecal transplant. Everyone always forgets about that part.)