On July 10, 1553, Lady Jane Grey took the throne of England and ruled for 10 days. I know this might not seem like a big piece of history to post, but I’ve always been fascinated with the British monarchy.
- Babies Not Even Worth It Anymore – Are children now a luxury for the rich? From Moniqa.
- PETA Finds Itself on Receiving End of Others’ Anger – They can’t operate a proper animal shelter. Ugh, they should have to watch those sad commercials for the ASPCA as punishment.
- How to Survive a Plane Crash – I will try to remember this next time! From Amy.
- Hollie McNish, Poet Shamed By Breastfeeding In Public, Has The Last Word (VIDEO) – Preach it! I’m going through this stage right now, it’s not pleasant.
- Matt Fraction Will Fight You For Shaming Cosplayers About Their Weight – From Jamie.
- 30,000 California prisoners refuse meals in apparent hunger strike – They’re asking for a five-year limit on solitary confinement. This story is fucking horrible and shameful.
- Posters say some women lie about sexual assault – I would not want to meet the dudes behind these posters. From Nicole.
- The Joy of Old Age. (No Kidding.) – A delightful article by Oliver Sacks.
- The View of Jenny McCarthy – Have you heard the latest rumors on The View‘s newest possible co-host? (Psst, I hear she’s crazy.) From Daniela.
- Orson Scott Card Responds to Ender’s Game Boycott With Ironic Plea for ‘Tolerance’ – What do you think of this? Are you going to see the movie despite his views? (Depending on the reviews of course. I’m not going to let myself get Eragon-ed again.)
BONUS: C3PO dropping mad beatz in 1986! (From Andy.) Also, how long does it take a snail to climb over a frog? (From Nicole.)