On June 5, 1977, the Apple II computer went on sale. It was a little before my time, but I did have a 386 with a modem that was so slow that AOL would crash it.
- Pressure Grows to Create Drugs for ‘Superbugs’ – Pharma (and the HHS) are finally taking this seriously, but at what cost?
- When Women Pursue Sex, Even Men Don’t Get It – Also, Everything You Wanted to Know About Animal Sex (But Were Afraid to Ask). From Heina.
- Religious Right Therapist Claims Crayon Drawings Prove Ex-Gay Therapy Works – Seriously? When will these people stop? YOUR BELIEFS ARE BAD AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD. From Amy.
- Dear Leader Dreams of Sushi – Read this fascinating profile of Kim Jong Il’s sushi chef (and the conflicting relationship he had with the dictator).
- If Comedy Has No Lady Problem, Why Am I Getting So Many Rape Threats? – I love Lindy West, she is one of my favorite bloggers, so I was really upset to hear about this. Keep your head up! (Also, shout out to our trolls, some of whom are featured in her screenshots.) From Elyse.
- Chambliss blames military rapes on ‘the hormone level created by nature’ – Bless his heart, he has no idea how stupid he is. From Moniqa.
- Breaking Bio Episode 32 (Guest: Glendon Mellow) – Check out this interview with Mellow featuring the intersection between science and art. From Bug.
- Nothing Can Save ‘The Walking Dead’s Sexist Woman Problem – Er, I hate to admit it, but I must be one of the few people who doesn’t like this show anyway. MAD MEN 4LYFE. From Veronica.
BONUS: He sees you when you’re sleeping (no, it’s not Santa). From Andy.