It’s Friday and time to start the day with some CUTE FRIGGIN’ ANIMALS. First, the most epic slow-motion frog fail (the best part is his little gobbly hands at the end). At the bottom of that page is a bonus ladybug fail. Next, some birdies jumping out of a nest (from Andy). Finally, this is actually the cutest Praying Mantis that I’ve ever seen, for reals.
- Being Gay at Jerry Falwell’s University – This is an excellent long read. Save it for lunch, if you must.
- Stop Nosodes – A project in Canada to stop homeopathic medicine, sponsored by Bad Science Watch. From nowoo.
- Georgia Teens Fight for Racially Integrated Prom Because It’s 2013, for Chrissakes – Ugh, this is so embarrassing.
- Coffee Shop Owner: Quit Asking Me To Offer Suspended Coffees Already – A good counterpoint to the suspended coffee campaign. If you’re going to pay it forward, at least be smart about it.
- A Heartbreaking Drug Sentence of Staggering Idiocy – The headline says it all.
- If I Admit That ‘Hating Men’ Is a Thing, Will You Stop Turning It Into a Self-Fulfilling Prophecy? – An excellent article for anyone who is ignorant or on the fence about feminism.
- Beer, Trains, Vodka, Adultery, and Connecticut: A Day in the Lives of Grand Central’s Bartenders – Fascinating. Also, now I really want an ice-cold beer.
- National Magazine Awards Judges Discover That Women Can Write, After All.