Skepchick Quickies 3.6
On March 6, 1857, the US Supreme Court made one of the worst rulings in history, known as the Dred Scott Decision. Basically, the court ruled that people of African descent were not US citizens and had no rights under the US Constitution, whether they were a slave or free.
- The Crime of His Childhood – A tragic story that is turned around to have a happy ending. You need to read this.
- Slide Show: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Through the Years – I love this.
- Nail Clipping in Space – This is both gross and fascinating. (And also gross.)
- Sharks at risk of extinction from overfishing, say scientists – Seriously? Just for some soup? Ugh.
- The Finkbeiner Test – How to talk about women scientists. From Bug.
- The Google Glass feature no one is talking about – What will be the experience of the people who have to deal with others who wear Google Glass? I’m already annoyed at people who text while I’m trying to have an in-person conversation with them, so I can’t imagine.
- Whoa! Stanford Student Solves Rubik’s Cube While Juggling – I can’t even take off the stickers and put them on the right sections that quickly!
- BONUS: Smithsonian Magazine’s 2012 Photo Contest. Which one is your favorite?