Skepchick Quickies 3.1
- Google boss: Using a smartphone is “emasculating” – But Google glasses just make you look like a bro with bad taste in shades.
- Read it and Weep: 19 Kids and Counting – I was asked to be a guest on Read it and Weep again and for that privilege, I had to watch 5 hours of Duggars. Please go listen to the hilarity/discomfort that ensues.
- LEGO for girls: Move over barbie – We covered the pinkification of LEGO back when they announced their “LEGO friends” just-for-girls sets and dolls. But is there a positive message to be found in them? From Jack.
- Challenges for women in science, 2013 – With citations! By an ornithologist discussing both stats and her own personal experiences in science.
- New award recognizes pioneering women scientists – “A Yemeni scientist who has been working to establish a network of women scientists in the Arab world is among five researchers to receive the first Elsevier Foundation Awards for Early Career Women Scientists in the Developing World.”
- Cute Animal Friday! Harlem shake, butterfly style from Bug. Animals and their mini-me’s from Donna. A baby sloth giving a flower as a gift, from nowoo.