Skepchick Quickies 2.27
On February 27, 1922, the Supreme Court upheld the Nineteenth Amendment (allowing women to vote) in a case that challenged its constitutionality (Leser v. Garnett). The decision was unanimous (and I would have liked to see the looks on the faces of the dudes on the challenging side).
- Were Early Christians Really Persecuted? Historian Reveals the Surprising Truth. – From robro.
- Seth MacFarlane and the Oscars’ Hostile, Ugly, Sexist Night – I like Seth MacFarlane’s singing (not lyrics) and not much else, to be honest. From Tessa.
- Sexism Fatigue: When Seth MacFarlane Is a Complete Ass and You Don’t Even Notice – It’s the same topic, but Lindy West does an excellent job summing up exactly how I feel most of the time.
- The Shiver System: Tapping the Power of Cold to Lose Weight – If I ever did this, I would lose friends too, because I would be the most unpleasant person be around. Kind of like this clip.
- College Rape Survivor Faces Potential Expulsion For ‘Intimidating’ Her Rapist – From Steve.
- Inspirational Women: Chemistry Edition – I like this article because it focuses on more obscure female scientists, not the ones we already know. From Andrew.