On February 25, 1870, Hiram Rhodes Revels became the first African American to be sworn into the United States Senate (and he was representing Mississippi).
- Nebraska College Kid Says Feminism ‘Achieved Its Goals’ So Women Should Shut the Fuck Up Now – It’s good for a morning laugh.
- 10 Celebs You Didn’t Know Were Atheists – From CriticalDragon1177.
- Sexist photo makes Facebook joke 200 times more popular, and prompts rape comments – From Amy.
- Bitter Pill: Why Medical Bills Are Killing Us - The madness of the American medical billing system. This article is long, but well-researched.
- Even Astrophysicists Notice Gendered AP Study Guides – From Mindy.
- Why the Chinese government is out to suppress the careers of educated women – From robro.
- The Extraordinary Science of Addictive Junk Food – I’ve been trying to cut back anyway, but this article definitely gave me some motivation.