Skepchick Quickies 1.8
- When cancer quacks strike – They call everyone pedophiles. Bob Blaskiewicz is an awesome skeptic and blogger and is helping raise money that will be donated to St Jude’s hospital in the cancer quack’s name.
- The truth about false accusations of rape – In infographic form, based on FBI crime statistics. EDIT: There are some problems with the graphic, as Amanda Marcotte has pointed out.
- Archaeologists unearth King David era temple near Jerusalem – “At the time that the temple was in use…worshippers had been instructed to use it instead of other facilities to discourage the worship of various idols. Artifacts found inside the temple show that the people who visited the temple had chosen to ignore the decree and instead continued to idolize their icons as they chose.” From CriticalDragon1177.
- On being a lady and being a sailor – Sexism on tumblr, meet Aisha, a proud US Navy sailor.
- And a couple of comics to round things out: The only reason to believe in homeopathy, from Mark. And why women don’t like nice guys, from Ryan.