Skepchick Quickies 1.21
On January 21, 1960, Little Joe 1B, a Launch Escape System for the Mercury Program, was tested and launched. The only subject inside was a rhesus monkey, Little Sam, and fortunately the test was successful and she survived.
- The 5 Most Outrageous Hoaxes – Surprisingly, Scientology is not on the list. From CriticalDragon1177.
- Toward the Stars – A gender neutral store for babies and kids. I’m definitely bookmarking this! From Ginger P.
- One Minute Medical School – A series of medical videos by a doctor/skeptic. From nowoo.
- Vancouver student’s photo of leg reflects how women are judged based on skirt length – From cerberus40.
- The battle against ‘sexist’ sci-fi and fantasy book covers – From Erin.
- Notre Dame’s real dead woman – “Manti Te’o’s soap opera moves the school’s athletic director to tears, while Lizzy Seeberg’s suicide is ignored”
- Jazz, the sound of soft power in the desert – Jazz in the Middle East. From CriticalDragon1177.