Skepchick Quickies 1.14
Happy Birthday to Shannon Lucid, biochemist and retired astronaut. She was born in 1943 and started working for NASA’s Astronaut Corps in 1978, which was the first year that women were admitted to the corps. I hope you have some free time this morning to slack off, because we have a bunch of good stories to keep you entertained!
- Image is Powerful: Cameron Russell at TEDxMidAtlantic 2012 – “Cameron Russell has spent the last decade posing as a supermodel. Occasionally she writes about grassroots public art and political power, and experiments with making art for the internet and the street.” From Will.
- If You Cannibalize a Person With an Illness, Will You Get Sick? – What? It’s a legitimate question! From Donna.
- The Science of Why Comment Trolls Suck
- 5 Ways Modern Men Are Trained to Hate Women – From Blakut.
- Reddit co-founder’s death ignites journal access debate – From Jack99.
- California Lawmakers Introduce Bill To Close Loophole In Rape Cases – From CriticalDragon1177.
- Right Here Waiting – One blogger’s meetup with Richard Marx. This sounds weird, but it’s a really funny article.
- Sexism 101: Hyper Uses Naked Women Covered in Body Paint to Sell Their Stuff at CES – The article is fine but linked pictures are NSFW.
- Meet the Sandy Hook truthers – Is it a coincidence that conspiracy theorists are all stupid? I don’t know, seems like a mighty big coincidence! From CriticalDragon1177.
- Petition: Support and Diversity in the Secular Community