Quickies

On December 19th, 1843, Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol went on sale. Bah humbug!

Mary

Mary

Mary Brock works as an Immunology scientist by day and takes care of a pink-loving princess child by night. She likes cloudy days, crafting, cooking, and Fall weather in New England.

Twitter Users Sad To Hear They May Be Rapists

1. December 19, 2012 at 2:17 pm —

Yesterday’s news but ugh, I’m lost for words:
    Karachi polio killings: Vaccination workers shot
    (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-20767138)

2. December 19, 2012 at 2:43 pm —

Mary,

I’m really starting to like George Take.

3. December 19, 2012 at 6:04 pm —

Thanks for the 26 moments. I really needed that.

4. December 19, 2012 at 8:23 pm —

Mary,

By the way, I didn’t notice that thing about terry Jones until just now. I’m really glad they didn’t listen to his bigoted stupidity.

5. December 20, 2012 at 1:06 am —

The scary thing about the health workers is that the CIA had done some fake work in the area that likely added to the anger of the Taliban

6. December 20, 2012 at 1:08 am —

The story from the Onion about the final victory of the women’s rights movement (by finally putting a man in charge of it) is actually 5 years old, which explains why feminism is now an historical irrelevancy.

[For the sarcasm-challenged, that was an example.]

[[Or was it actually a new story with a fake dateline, showing that I am also sarcasm-challenged?]]

7. December 20, 2012 at 5:16 am —

That’s a great series of Quickies, Mary. Some laughs, some interest and some very uplifting stories.

Wish I had been in Times Square for that – awesome stuff!

• December 20, 2012 at 7:05 am —

Thanks, I do try not to make it too sad in the mornings! :)

8. December 20, 2012 at 4:25 pm —

So have they actually come up with a theory of Intelligent Design, or are they just criticizing evolution?

People are trying to get intelligent design into textbooks, but nobody seems to have written it yet. I am unemployed. Clearly there’s no kind of requirements to be a scientist in the field. I could do that.

I’m going to come up with a bunch of testable hypotheses for this fledgling science. Hey, where do you buy those lab coats?